Exempla Saint Joseph Hospital
1835 Franklin Street
Denver, CO 80218-1191
For billing questions, please contact the billing office at 1-866-665-2636.
Visit St. Joseph Hospital on Google Places.
Bain J. Farris, President/CEO
Saint Joseph Hospital’s tradition of health care includes compassionate caregivers, stellar clinical expertise and an active partnership with Colorado Permanente Medical Group and community physicians.
Saint Joseph Hospital has embarked on a major initiative called the Heritage Project. It will revitalize the downtown Denver campus and create the newest, most modern hospital in Colorado. The new facility will open in late 2014 and ensure the best in quality, affordable health care for the community.
- 2,495 Associates
- 1440 Medical Staff (including Residents)
- 371 Staffed Beds
Download a campus map
View Larger Map
Services and Expertise
- Cardiac Services: Saint Joseph is the leading heart hospital in Denver, performing nearly 350 open heart surgeries annually. The Society of Thoracic Surgeons recognized the hospital for the fifth year in a row with the highest rating possible.
- Labor and Delivery Services: Approximately one in every 12 births in Colorado occurs at Saint Joseph.The hospital is recognized throughout the Rocky
Mountain region as a referral center for high-risk mothers. Critically ill newborns are cared for in the Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- Oncology Services: Nearly one in 10 Denver-area residents hospitalized with cancer receives care here. The Comprehensive Cancer Center brings together in one place the hospital’s Breast Care Center, cancer psychosocial services, a laboratory, a cancer pharmacy and the Infusion Center. Clinical professionals have access to leading-edge technology and can better interact to provide fully coordinated care to patients.
- Orthopedic Program: Two adjacent units with a total of 41 beds comprise the Orthopedic Unit, amongst the busiest in Denver. The program earned a Five-Star Rating for Back and Neck Surgery (Spinal Fusion) and Spine Surgery in 2012. Care is provided by recognized experts in orthopedic procedures.
- Emergency Department: Highly trained physicians, nurses and support staff treat more than 140 patients per day. The department operates an observation unit where patients needing extended care can be treated for up to 23 hours – often avoiding a hospital admission.
- Graduate Medical Education: As the largest private teaching hospital in Colorado, Saint Joseph offers accredited resident training in family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and surgery to more than 100 residents each year.
Exempla Saint Joseph Hospital, founded by the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth in 1873, is the oldest private teaching hospital in Colorado. A new, state-of-the-art medical center is set to open in December 2014.