St. Francis Health Center
1700 SW 7th Street
Topeka, Kansas 66606-1690
Live Web cam of St. Francis Health Park: http://126.96.36.199
Visit the St. Francis Health Center Google Places page
Robert J. Erickson, President/CEO
454 Medical Staff
291 Staffed Beds
Its dedication to high-quality care and service excellence has resulted in St. Francis Health Center being named a Distinguished Hospital for Clinical ExcellenceTM for three consecutive years (2009-2011). This commitment to high-quality care is mirrored in the Health Center's family-centered, patient-care programs.
View Larger Map
St. Francis Health Center's Services and Expertise
- Comprehensive Cancer Center: Patients have access to accredited services including surgery, radiation and chemotherapy. The cancer program has received a four-year accreditation from the American College of Surgeons General on Cancer. The Oncology Unit is specially designed for patient and family comfort and convenience, and the nurse navigator ensures patients understand their course of treatment and facilitates their journey as a supportive resource.
- Surgical Programs: St. Francis offers outpatient surgery using minimally invasive techniques, da Vinci® robotic surgery applications, and laser and fiber optic technology, and angioplasty, artherectomy and electrophysiology studies performed in three state-of-the-art Catheterization Laboratories.
- St. Francis Heart and Vascular Center: St. Francis Heart and Vascular Center, a comprehensive, fully integrated cardiac and vascular program, offers boardcertified cardiologists, cardiovascular and thoracic surgeons, the area's only board-certified physician in endovascular medicine, three specialty trained advanced registered nurse practitioners in cardiology, and a physician assistant with extensive training in cardiovascular and thoracic surgery.
- Rehabilitation Services: Staff and patients work together to overcome the effects of stroke, head and spinal cord injuries, amputations, neuromuscular diseases and coma.
- Joint Replacement Center: This program helps persons regain their mobility after knee and hip replacement procedures in an upbeat, baseball-themed unit.
- Radiological Services: St. Francis has a long-standing commitment to a wide range of technological diagnostic and treatment applications, including digital mammography, PET/CT, TomoTherapy, Cardiac CT and a mobile imaging coach that serves rural communities.
- Emergency Department and Urgent Care Center: St. Francis provides 24-hour service and has Topeka's first accredited Chest Pain Center.
In 1907, the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth announced plans to build a hospital in Topeka. They went door-to-door soliciting donations, and a community fund drive raised $9,500 to purchase land for the hospital. On Oct, 17, 1909, St. Francis opened on West 6th Street.