Enhancing Medicaid and Ensuring a Strong Safety Net
The Catholic health ministry is committed to serving those in need, young and old, throughout every stage of life, and to advocating on their behalf.
We support policies to:
- Improve access and care coordination in Medicaid, Medicare and other safety net programs.
- Ensure that efforts to reduce the federal budget deficit are equitable and balanced, and do not disproportionately impact healthcare of the social safety net.
- Provide adequate and sustainable financing to ensure the ability of health care providers to maintain quality and compassionate care.
- Promote greater use of medical homes, care coordinators, and chronic care management with a focus on those dually eligible for Medicaid and Medicare.
- Improve access to behavioral health care services in all care settings.
Learn more about: