Improving the Health and Well-Being of Communities
Catholic providers will continue to improve the health of their communities through policies that:
- Strengthen not-for-profit healthcare and ensure fair implementation of tax-exemption requirements in the Affordable Care Act.
- Eliminate disparities based on race, ethnicity or socio-economic status in the provision of healthcare services.
- Support federal programs that improve community health.
- Address social justice issues such as comprehensive immigration reform, environmental responsibility and the promotion of affordable housing.
- Facilitate care integration and health management among physicians, hospitals and post-acute care services.