Safety Net Clinics
SCL Health Reaches Underserved Community Members
Our three safety net clinics in Kansas and Colorado, in collaboration with SCL Health hospitals, exemplify our mission to reveal God’s healing love by improving the health of the individuals and communities we serve, especially those who are poor or vulnerable. Here’s a brief summary of how they serve individuals living at or below federal poverty guidelines.
- Marian Clinic serves individuals in and around Topeka, Kan., who are uninsured or underinsured. Marian works closely with community partners to provide hospitalization services for surgery, emergency care, lab and X-ray procedures.
- Duchesne Clinic is committed to offering primary healthcare services — including chronic disease management and education — and dental, optical and specialized medical care to adult patients in the Kansas City, Kan., area.
- Saint Vincent Clinic is the only safety net clinic in Leavenworth County, Kan., and offers quality primary care services as well as diagnoses and treatment of acute illnesses, continuing management of chronic diseases and optical services. Through its pharmaceutical assistance program, patients can obtain affordable medications.
In addition to these safety net clinics, Saint Joseph Hospital operates three medical clinics on its campus.
- Caritas Clinic provides primary-care internal medicine as well as general surgery services to adult patients.
- Sister Joanna Bruner Family Medicine Center offers primary care to a population ranging from pediatric to geriatric patients.
- Seton Women’s Center provides obstetrical and high-risk gynecological care to women.
In addition, SCL Health-Certified Nurse-Midwives work in collaboration with Seton Women’s Center to offer low-risk obstetrical care.