Value-Based Discernment & Decision Making
Values-based decision making guides us in incorporating our values in all aspects of our health ministry.
The Elements of Values-Based Decisions are:
- Values-Driven - Excellence, Caring Spirit, Integrity, Stewardship and Good Humor.
- Inclusiveness - All decision-making is representative of all affected persons and interests.
- Truthfulness - All decision-making is fully and straightforwardly communicated.
- Reasonable Consistency - All decision-making treats similar cases and situations similarly.
- Collaboration - All decision-making is conducted in a collegial and cooperative manner.
The Steps in Values-Based Decision Making are:
- Assemble the right participants.
- Assemble the right facts.
- Clarify the Core Values.
- Reach a collaborative consensus.
- Broadcast the values-based decision.
Download our Values-Based Discernment & Decision Making brochure.
This brochure is available as printable PDF file using Adobe Acrobat. If you do not already have an Adobe Acrobat Reader, download a free copy now from Adobe Acrobat.