Exempla Lutheran Medical Center
8300 West 38th Avenue
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
For billing questions, please contact the billing office at 1-866-665-2636.
View a map
Grant Wicklund, President/CEO
917 Medical Staff
565 Staffed Beds
Exempla Lutheran Medical Center
Lutheran is a community-based, acute-care hospital with premier services that include our five-star birthing center, Heart and Neurovascular Center, robotic surgery, Primary Stoke Center, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Human Motion Institute® (Orthopedic), and emergency services including the first Senior Emergency Room in Colorado. In addition to the 338-bed hospital, operations include Exempla West Pines (a behavioral health facility), Collier Hospice Center, Bridges Integrative Health and Wellness Services, and Exempla Colorado Lutheran Home and Apartments.
Services and expertise
- Heart and Neurovascular Center: Lutheran is transforming the diagnosis of cardiovascular disease by providing physicians and patients with the state-of-the-art SuperSCAN: Advanced Heart & Body Imaging System. Lutheran’s Heart and Neurovascular Center is accredited as a Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers (SCPC).
- The Human Motion Institute® (Orthopedic): Th is network of services off ers treatment and prevention of musculoskeletal injuries of bones, muscles, joints, tendons and the spine.
- Comprehensive Cancer Center: The Exempla Comprehensive Cancer Center at Lutheran is accredited as a “Community Comprehensive Cancer Program” by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. Lutheran has a full-service Breast Care Center, state-of-art Radiation Oncology Center, a newly expanded 30-bay Infusion Center, Internal Medicine/Oncology Unit, Rehabilitation, Palliative Care, Lymphedema Services, Education and Support Services.
- Senior Emergency Department: By implementing a new philosophy of care for the senior patient and implementing a variety of screenings designed for this population, Lutheran opened its doors to Colorado’s fi rst ER facility designed with a senior’s needs in mind.
- The Women and Family Center: Patient and family-centered nursing care is the hallmark of obstetrical, newborn and gynecological services. Lutheran has a Level IIIA Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) with experienced nursing staff and 24-hour neonatal nurse practitioner coverage.
- Breast Care Center: This center is the first Colorado hospital to earn accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). It is also accredited by the American College of Radiology as a Breast Center of Excellence for mammography, breast ultrasound, stereotactic biopsy and ultrasound biopsy.
- Robotic Surgery: Off ering the most experienced robotic surgical team in west Denver with two state-of-the-art da Vinci® Surgical Systems, this minimally invasive robotic technology allows our surgeons to perform surgeries with unmatched precision for gynecology, urogynecology and urology related conditions.
Exempla Lutheran Medical Center in Wheat Ridge, Colo., was founded in 1905 as the Evangelical Lutheran Sanitarium to treat tuberculosis patients.