For benefits eligibility and full-time associate rates, you must be 0.9 full-time equivalent (FTE) and scheduled to work at least 36 hours per week. For benefits eligibility and part-time associate rates, you must be regularly scheduled to work 20 hours per week.
— Legally Domiciled Adult and Children FAQ
— Legally Domiciled Adult and Children Affidavit
- Your legal spouse.
- Your common-law spouse if you live in a state that recognizes such marriages (an affidavit is required).
- Legally domiciled adults and children
Learn more about the Dependent Audit process by reviewing the "Dependent Eligibility Audit" section below.
- A civil union as defined by the state of Colorado (Vision and Life Insurance only).
- Your children and stepchildren from birth to age 26.
- Your adult child who depends solely on you for support because of a mental or physical handicap (documentation is required)
Once you have enrolled in your benefits, you will receive an email with audit instructions from HMS to your work email address within 10 days from the date you enrolled. The email from HMS will ask you to provide documentation supporting eligibility for only new dependents you add to the 2016 plans. Examples of acceptable documentation include a marriage certificate, birth certificate, recent tax filings, etc. You'll find a complete list of acceptable documents here
Reminder: Unverified dependents are dropped from coverage based on the requirements outlined in your letter from HMS.
For questions, additional information, or to complete the audit electronically once you've received the email from HMS:
- Call HMS: 855-819-5806
- Visit HMS's website: www.auditos.com
- Upload required documents
- Check status of your dependent audit
- Find helpful resources
Access a provider directory by selecting the plan you would like to search.