St. James Healthcare
Located in Butte, Mont., St. James Healthcare is the largest acute-care hospital in southwest Montana, offering more than 30 different medical specialties. Part of SCL Health, St. James also owns four specialty clinics: St. James Rocky Mountain Clinic, St. James Heart Center, St. James Surgical Associates, and St. James Urology – as well as St. James Summit Lab for outpatient laboratory services.
400 South Clark Street
Butte, MT 59701-2328
For billing questions, please contact the billing office at 1-866-665-2636.
- Full-time Equivalent 470
- Medical Staff 235
- Inpatient Admissions 3,231
- Emergency Visits 17,264
- Available Beds** 67
- Births 314
- Total Community Benefit $11 million
*Statistics based on year-end December 2015 results.
**Available beds are beds in service and available for all hospital
nursing units (excluding bassinets).
Download the 2016 Fact Sheet.
St. James has served as a regional medical center to the seven counties of southwest Montana, including the primary service area of Butte-Silver Bow County, for more than 130 years. St. James is the largest hospital in southwest Montana and continues to be one of the largest private employer in Butte-Silver Bow.
View Larger Map
St. James Healthcare's Services and Expertise
Orthopedic Center: St. James' Orthopedic Center provides high-quality, innovative, patient-focused services in the areas of joint replacement surgery (knee, hip and shoulder), trauma surgery, spine surgery and sports medicine.
- Cardiac Services: St. James' Cardiovascular Services include non-invasive testing such as EKGs and stress testing; echocardiograms, including transesophageal echocardiograms; diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterizations; pacemakers and defibrillators; and a nationally certified cardiac rehab and medical exercise program.
- Oncology Services: St. James' Cancer Care Center provides radiation oncology, medical oncology (chemotherapy) and laboratory services in one central location. This physically integrated center promotes a team approach to cancer treatment in a healing environment.
- Other Services: St. James houses state-of-the-art surgical suites, a beautiful labor and delivery unit, and a 24-hour, physician-staffed Emergency Department.
- Healing Environment: All patient rooms are private suites, which ensure a quiet, healing environment for patients.