St. Mary's Medical Center
St. Mary’s Medical Center in Grand Junction, Colo., is the largest medical center between Denver and Salt Lake City and is committed to putting people first. Serving the healthcare needs of western Colorado and eastern Utah for nearly 120 years, St. Mary’s is a faith-based, nonprofit provider and is part of SCL Health. Founded in 1896 by the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, St. Mary’s has a rich history of serving the many needs of its community, from advanced medical care to charitable giving.
2635 North 7th Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501
For billing questions, please contact the billing office at 1-866-665-2636.
Leadership: Brian Davidson, MD, President
- Full-time Equivalents 1,719
- Medical Staff 499
- Inpatient Admissions 12,731
- Emergency Visits 42,838
- Available Beds** 310
- Births 2,101
- Total Community Benefit $40.7 Million
*Statistics based on year-end December 2015 results.
**Available beds are beds in service and available for all hospital
nursing units (excluding bassinets).
Download the Fact Sheet
Believing that advanced medical care should be available close to home and family, St. Mary’s has developed medical services equal to those found in large metropolitan areas and academic medical centers. In 2010, St. Mary’s opened a new, 12-story hospital addition on its existing campus to further enhance the patient care environment, accommodate current and emerging technologies, and meet the health care needs of the area’s growing population.
View Larger Map
Services and Expertise
- Cardiac and Vascular Services: St. Mary’s offers cardiac catheterization, stent procedures, electrophysiology, open heart and vascular surgery, and rehabilitation services.
- Regional Cancer Center: This center provides comprehensive medical and radiation oncology and hematology treatment, rehabilitation and support services.
- Orthopedic & Spine Services: With four neurosurgeons on staff, a total joint replacement program with presurgery classes, a dedicated orthopedics unit with private rooms, and a comprehensive rehabilitation program, orthopedic and spine surgery patients are assured the best outcomes.
- Emergency and Trauma Services: St. Mary’s Level II Trauma Center with pediatric commitment is supported by CareFlight, medical air transport specially adapted to operate in mountainous terrain, and 24/7 access to surgical expertise in trauma, orthopedics, pediatrics and neurosurgery.
- Level IIIB Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: St. Mary’s is home to western Colorado’s highest level of intensive care for newborns with neonatologists,
pediatricians, a pediatric surgeon, nurses, nurse practitioners, therapists and a mother-baby air transport program.
- Regional Blood Center: This resource serves St. Mary’s trauma, surgical and oncology patients and provides blood products for most of western Colorado’s smaller hospitals.
- Imaging Center: A state-of-the-art facility provides the latest diagnostic and interventional procedures and digital mammography services.
- Surgical Specialties: At St. Mary’s, 13 surgical specialties serve the trauma center 24/7.
In 1895, Sisters of Charity Balbina Farrell and Louisa Madden left Leavenworth, Kan., on a mission to establish a hospital in the new western town of Grand Junction, Colo. Then a small, 10-bed, wooden-frame hospital, St. Mary’s opened on May 22, 1896.