2008 Mining City Cardiovascular Conference
April 21, 2008
Friday, May 2, 2008
8:30 am - Finlen Hotel (Butte, MT)
CONFERENCE DESCRIPTION: This conference is designed to provide health professionals with applicable information on current trends in the treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease that can be utilized to improve clinical practice.
Upon completion of this program, participants will:
- Identify updated treatment options regarding heparin-induced thrombocytopenia.
- Identify disease process and complications that result from physical inactivity.
- Define Metabolic Syndrome and Hyperlipidemia and preventative measures for each.
- Develop an understanding of long-term benefits of promoting preventative life-style practices for patients at risk of developing cardiac disease.
- List the benefits of exercise as it is associated with heart failure patients.
- Describe cardiovascular imaging options that are available today and their benefits.
- Identify the key components to a comprehensive palliative care program.
CONTACT HOURS: Applications are being processed and contact hours are being determined by the MNA, ASRT, Montana Board of Pharmacy, and the MAPTA (PT).
CONFERENCE SPEAKERS: Celine Maloney, Pharm D; Reed Humphrey, PT, PhD; Deb Swiatkowski, RD; Anna K. Chacko, MD; Jane McIntyre, MSW; Karen Kirkpatrick, RN
FEES: MDs or Allied Health Professionals: $45
For more information or to register, please contact Gary Bailey at 723-2794.