News Release: Exempla Healthcare Update
December 18, 2009
For information contact Christine Woolsey, 312-505-5268
Denver (December 18, 2009)
Exempla Healthcare announced today that changes to its corporate bylaws have become effective and a new Board of Directors has been appointed.
The bylaws changes were made to simplify Exempla’s governance structure. With the new structure in place, Exempla will continue to build on its tradition of serving the health care needs of the Denver community, focusing on clinical excellence, and outstanding patient service.
The bylaws changes were made effective following expiration of the statutory notice period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act, and the Colorado Attorney General’s determination that no review of the changes was required under Colorado statute.
The new 10-member board includes five directors appointed by Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth Health System (SCLHS) and five appointed by Community First Foundation (CFF), both of which remain sponsors of Exempla.
The new board members are:
• Chair William M. Murray, President and CEO, SCLHS
• Vice Chair Koger Propst, President, FirstBank of Colorado
• Felix W. Cook, Sr., retired, former Director of the Technical Service Center, Bureau of Reclamation
• Michael Chase, MD, Associate Medical Director, Quality & Informatics, Colorado Permanent Medical Group
• Kenneth Eggeman, PhD, President and CEO, Community First Foundation
• John V. McDermott, attorney, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck
• Kathryn A. Paul, President and CEO, Delta Dental Plan of Colorado
• David Roll, retired, former CFO, Cummins Rocky Mountain
• Bruce Waring, MD, Foothills Surgical Associates
• Sister Amy Willcott, Executive Director, Mount Saint Vincent Home.
(Biographies of the board members may be found at www.Exempla.org)
“We’re please to have this talented group of individuals to guide us as we begin working to align Exempla and SCLHS in a way that supports our shared mission to improve the health of the communities we serve,” said Bill Murray, SCLHS president and CEO.
“I have confidence that together with SCLHS, we will be even more effective at improving the care we provide to our patients,” said Jeff Selberg, Exempla President and CEO.
The new Board of Directors will meet next in January.