St. James Hires ER Physicians
December 30, 2010
St. James Healthcare recently hired physicians and physician assistants who will staff the 24/7 Emergency Department at the hospital. Previously, St. James Healthcare contracted with Northwest Emergency Physicians of Team Health to staff the department.
“We are pleased with this change,” said Chuck Wright, CEO of St. James Healthcare. “Employing these physicians directly will provide an enhanced level of service for our patients. We will have more continuity with our own physicians, and they will be able to work more closely with the rest of our medical staff,” he said.
As in the past, the physicians will rotate shifts to provide “round-the-clock” coverage for emergencies. Annually, the Emergency Department takes care of approximately 15,000 patients.
The physicians include:
• Debra Lewis, M.D., who received her medical degree from St. Louis University and an undergraduate degree from Montana State University. She completed her Pediatric and Internal Medicine residency in St. Louis, Missouri.
• Warren Liebers, M.D., who received his medical degree from the University of Texas and an undergraduate degree from Kearney State College in Nebraska. He completed his Family Medicine residency in Minot, North Dakota.
• Alan Mayer, M.D., who received his medical degree from the University of Chicago and an undergraduate degree from Grand Valley State University in Allendale, Michigan. He completed his Family Medicine residency at Marquette General Hospital in Marquette, Michigan.
• Alan Oram, D.O., who received his degree from the University of Osteopathic Medicine in Des Moines, Iowa and an undergraduate degree from the University of Montana. He completed his Emergency Medicine residency in Bakersfield, California and his Family Practice residency in Salt Lake City, Utah.
• James Oser, M.D., who received his medical degree from the Medical College of Ohio at Toledo and an undergraduate degree from Xavier University in Cincinnati. He completed his Family Medicine residency in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Physician Assistants joining St. James Healthcare include Maura DeShaw, PA-C; Eric Leber, PA-C, and Todd Mohr, PA-C.
In December, Butte native, Dave Silk, M.D., also will join the Emergency Department team, and a press release will be issued on Dr. Silk at that time.