DONORS SUPPORT HRH FOUNDATION WITH RECORD GIVING IN 2012
January 07, 2013
Holy Rosary Healthcare Foundation donors generously gifted nearly $670,000 in 2012 to support over 25 health-enhancing projects at Holy Rosary Healthcare and in our community and region. With 100% of all funds raised staying local -- to positively impact projects close to home -- our donors are having an impressive impact on regional healthcare services touching thousands of local people and dozens of communities and organizations.
2012 Impacted Projects
Donors choose to support a number of worthy health-enhancing projects in our community. In 2012, over 25 Foundation projects were impacted by our donors' generosity including:
- ADA-certified diabetes careAddiction counseling services
- Advanced pediatrics care for hospitalized children & Children's outpatient clinic services
- Advanced surgical & trauma services
- Advanced women's health services
- Bereavement care for families who have lost a loved one
- Chapel courtyard and meditation fountain
- Communication equipment for rural ambulances in 10 eastern Montana communities
- Community Wellness WalkCommunity-based suicide prevention
- Community-wide disaster preparedness training & resource procurement
- Early childhood development training for youth
- Enhanced resident services for the extended care living community
- Healthy Lifestyles cardiovascular disease & diabetes prevention management
- Hom nursing scholarships
- In-home health services for home-bound Medicaid patients in 9 eastern Montana counties
- Infant/children's car seats for families in need
- Medical student scholarships
- Medication financial assistance for uninsured patients
- Palliative care for patients managing chronic illness
- Telehealth & teleradiology services across the region
- SmileSavers for youth
- State-of-the-art cardiac monitoring equipment for emergency & intensive care patients
- Suicide prevention
- Women's cancer services
Donors Have History of Supporting Holy Rosary & Community
The Foundation was originally established in the 1980s and revitalized in late 2004. Since then, donors have generously supported Holy Rosary and a number of community-based health projects lead by the Foundation. In the last eight years, Foundation donors have gifted over $3 million to advance medicine and health care services for local people and communities. These gifts have been (a) invested to start and sustain new programs and services to meet community health needs, (b) enhance technology and equipment, and (c) extend our mission of serving the health care needs of local people and communities. What an incredible testament of what we can do together.
Leadership Provides Direction
The Foundation is led by a dynamic and committed volunteer Board of Trustees: Patty Beeson, chair; Janelle Notbohm, vice chair; Jeff Harding, secretary; Kelly Klem, finance chair; Gwen Wacker, program chair; Tara Andrews; Jim Carr; Nicole Jones; Kathryn Larsen; Dave Nelson; Sharon Oftedal; Kathy Sparr; TJ Stevenson; and Paul Lewis.
The Foundation board of trustees selects projects to support each year. With our two-pronged approach, the Foundation directly impacts Holy Rosary Healthcare services and community-based health-enhancing projects. As part of our 2013 funding plan, we will continue advancing many critical areas to high-quality healthcare including surgical, trauma, children's, women's health, and senior services. Additionally, we're proud to be expanding our community outreach in 2013 by offering prescription financial assistance, suicide prevention training, and addiction counseling services along with our standard community projects – SmileSavers (dental care for children), telehealth services, and community-based trauma care. We've also entered into an agreement to grow our grants division and will be introducing two new programs to further advance giving in 2013. Much to look forward to.
Today, we give thanks to donors who choose to support our ministry... we're most grateful.